In this episode, Marnie and Duane discuss the unique and often challenging process of finding the “right” help in the aftermath of betrayal. They stress the importance of a collaborative and systems-focused approach to relational helping and address the potential pitfalls of using a non-relational model, including further trauma.
10 questions to ask a potential therapist/coach when healing from betrayal trauma.
- How do you work with couples, partners, and individuals who are struggling with betrayal trauma?
- What experience do you have in working with couples, partners, or individuals that are struggling with sex addiction and/or betrayal trauma?
- How would you approach collaborating with other therapists that we may want to work with?
- What is your perspective on therapeutic disclosure?
- Do you facilitate therapeutic disclosures? If so, how much experience do you have?
- If you endorse and facilitate disclosures, what is your perspective on using a polygraph?
- How do you know when therapy is not working and how do you address it with your clients?
- What is your perspective about 12-step programs?
- How do you work with trauma overall?
- Are you familiar with treatment-induced-trauma as it relates to betrayal trauma?
Powered by RedCircle